Tuesday, June 7, 2011

the weight of a dream



I dreamt of an old love last night, a lost love, a it-wasn't-right-but-good-lord-it-hurt-anyway kind of love, and woke feeling sad and lost with a touch of guilt for the way things went and the way things could have been, and the way things never were; and the less-than-stellar way I handled the fall-out.


What I want to know is, what do you do with this weight? When you wake up carrying emotions from a dream, what do you with it? I can't carry it with me all day. I need to put it down somewhere so my hands are free for other things, but I'm not sure how.

5 comments:

amelieandatticus said...

wow...such beautiful writing...it is hard to do anything with such a weight on you, perhaps you can write it down and physically put it in a box to clear it away from your mind and heart.

Or maybe making it into something and locking it away...

My thoughts are with you...good luck!

Jetta's Nest said...

The what-if's of lost love are a heavy burden to carry. Try to shake it off with the lessons learned, mistakes not to be made again and the possibility of new love lurking around any corner :)

pepper said...

thanks Samantha and Thouraya! I spent an hour looking at pretty blogs, listened to some new music and remembered that the best is yet to come; and promptly cheered right up! x

shine little light* said...

Oh man, I understand that feeling - having dreams affect your waking. I think I keep a lot of anger bottled up, so sometimes I have dreams where I let it all out and wake in a filthy angry mood.
A quote my husband says helps me sometimes: "You are who you are in this moment"... I dont know where its from but the internet should. *s*

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

Lovely writing Pepper!

I know those post dream feelings so so well. I kind of indulge them - that weightiness is such a miracle, considering that the dreams are nowhere except in our heads ...

Glad you cheered yourself :)