I have never been much of a lipstick kinda gal, preferring trusty lip balm or gloss on occasion, but months ago I bought a lovely shade of dark red in a post-breakup makin-changes kinda mood (I also changed the colour of my hair and cut a fringe, and ate faaaar too much chocolate). It's been languishing at the bottom of my drawer since then, until today when I, in heels and stockings for the first time in 2 weeks, saw it and thought 'why not?'.
I must say, I felt dashing. I caught my reflection in car windows. I reapplied after lunch. I pouted. I felt somehow more confident and splendid with ruby red lips, and am considering the dawn of a new lipstick age. I may even buy some different shades (gasp!)
Do you find a bounce in your step with lippy? Or is it just me?
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
does lipstick makes the sun shine brighter?
Labels:
stuff i think
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh, i love looking at shades of bright lipstick...Don't know if I'm brave enough to try it out myself, haha we'll see. This makes me think of Taza from Rockstar Diaries! :D
And thanks for your comment!!
xoxox
i love it but it also scares me- ive smeared it all round my face before and got it a over my teeth! i need to improve!
Love it, sometimes all seems right with the world when I'm wearing my fav lippy. And you my girl, would look gorgeous in red lippy!
I hear you. I bought a bright red lipstick for fun the other day and wore it on Saturday night on a rare night out and felt like a different person. Though I was worried most of the time that it was all coming off. And usually it was. I need lipstick lessons.
I am going to wear some to my knees up on sat the last time I wore red lisstick was my wedding day- it does make me feel really dressed up and a bit glam- I also recenlty cut a fringe in my hair- people have been very excited by it and I don't think i will ever be without one- I look younger and feel better...its amazing- fringe and lippy - I have never done this combo- look out!!! I am excited!!!
i'm normally a gloss girl too. But on the odd occasion i do wear lippy i do feel better about myself! I walk a bit taller and feel a bit more confident. Like Bek I spend a lot fo the time though worrying if it's on my teeth or not!
It's so strange. Since my Dad died 5 weeks ago I have started wearing a little makeup. NEVER have before, except for special nights out. My Mum is the "full face" type of lady, and I just never could be bothered. Suddenly after weeks of looking like a washed out under-eye-bag, I have been converted and I feel BRIGHT!
Post a Comment